Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Post Holiday Blues... and Camel

I. After enduring the four sweater catastrophe of 2010 I was left with a large gift card to Macy's department store. The one closest to my home town was not known for their clothing selection but I decided to go see what they had anyway. I spent probably 30 minutes wandering around before I spotted it, the one item I have been looking all year for... the perfect V-neck camel coloured sweater.

Do you know how many beige, tan and brown sweaters there are in the world? Far too many would be an appropriate answer! Having searched the shelves of store across the Northeast and Southeast Michigan and was ready to give up. This little lesson has taught me that there still is hope for finding what I really want.

II. Growing a backbone is my largest resolution for 2011. I have always been the one to say "yes!" when I really should have been telling people that "No, I can't help you." Being too nice is a perpetual habit and I have finally decided that the buck stops here. I refuse to get taken advantage of any longer and be a passenger in my own life. It is so odd that I, the one person always on top of things and running my life some how ended up letting it run itself.

This year brings many new and exciting possibilities as well as many changes. Giving everything away here would be too easy so check back and read about my latest adventure every week. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment