Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hitting the 'Home' Button

As I began the new semester this past week I reflected back on all the things I have done in past semesters to try and be someone I am not. The funny part about it was that no matter what I tried, what I bought or what music I listened to I always came back to the same 'me' in the end. This journey of trying new things and embracing change is a most glorious experience. In the end I always come back to the person I was before the tangent, but always taking some of what I learned/embraced/experienced with me. I am myself, not anyone else--no matter how much I may try to be.

The buffet of experiences life hands each one of us should be embraced with open arms, however proceeding with caution is also vital. My own experiences in the past 18 months have been all over the boards. I have felt better than ever in some instances and in others more hurt/confused/upset than I ever had before.

Along the path I have met a wide variety of acquaintances from all around the world and all walks of life. Listening and learning from each one has created a much more diverse and exciting version of the person I was before I ever met them. What confuses me most are the people who refuse to ever taste the delicious buffet of life. Why deny yourself the chance to become a better version of, well, um... you!?

Sometimes life is best experienced through the eyes of a goose, view every day like it is new and fresh--not holding on to the memories and regrets of the one prior. Forgive, but don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment