Sunday, January 23, 2011

Don't Act Guilty, It'll All Blow Over

So January is almost over and it is time to look back at all the things that I haven't done yet. Call Bang & Olufsen about getting my Form2's repaired. Nope. How about listing my old PowerShot on eBay. Not that either. The list goes on and on so this week I really should finish out January--before January finishes without me.

Detroit's winter is one that just goes on and on. In order to endure so much time indoors I have learned that finding ways to make my day brighter passes the season by fast. Most importantly to me is my morning workout. The time to focus on myself (conceided I know) is sometimes the only time I have to spend not working on projects, homework or the list of other rituals that take up so much of my time.

The other part of my daily routine is reading blogs by some of my favorite bloggers. Check out breaktheillusion.com by Davey Wavey or the noisiestpassenger.com by Amanda. Both are very different than each other but equally enjoyable. Do it, like, um, now!

The last cherished activity that pulls me through the winter slum is dressing every day, but not just the act of choosing and putting on clothes. I religiously watch Bill Cunningham on the New York Times' Style Section every week to see what people are wearing around Manhattan. Between that and Vogue, GQ and Elle I find myself with plenty of inspiration to mix and match things that I had never thought of before.

While I don't have any crazy stories about finding that perfect sweater or anything new and exciting I am keeping my eyes out. Have a fabtastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment